Our Commitment To You
Your Personal Information
When you sign up to our website we will ask you for a range of personal information that we can then use to tailor our bespoke natural skincare range, just for you and your skin. The type of data that we collect from you includes...
- your name
- your email address
- your address (including a billing address should you choose to order from our website)
- a contact telephone number
- your age
- your gender
- details about your skin (such as type, condition, sensitivity)
- other key details about you and your skin (such as your allergies; if you are pregnant; if you are vegan; any other info that affects you or your skin)
- your IP address
- the device you use to enjoy our website
- your website and purchase history
- communication between yourself and Angela and her team, either via email, by phone, via social media or in person
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We use the information you provide us in different ways. Below is a list of what information we use and why we use it..
Your name and contact details...
- to deliver to you our natural skincare products in a safe and timely fashion
- to make our website tailored to you and your skincare needs
- to send you customer service emails; the delivery status of your orders; to help with specific queries about you, your skin and the products you have ordered
- to help verify your identity
- for market research reasons, to help better understand your needs
- to send you the latest news about our company; new product launches; our latest promotions (should of course you consent to this)
- fraud protection, to protect and detect fraud against you or our company
- where we have a legal duty or right to disclose information (for example, during a legal dispute)
Your age, details about your skin and other key details about you...
- to help us create bespoke natural skincare packages just for you and your skin, inc skincare sample packs and free skincare samples when you place full size orders
- to ensure that the right samples are chosen by us; and that the right products (in our expert opinion) have been chosen by you, to help advise you on your purchases
Details about your location and the devices you use to enjoy our website...
- to help us locate you and offer you the best service on our website (such as show you your local currency)
- to help us improve the functionality of our website on both laptop and mobile devices
- to help protect you and our website against fraud
In addition to the uses we have set out above, we also use data for things (among others) like testing and improving our website and back-end systems; for research purposes; for data analysis; for helping us identify and develop new natural skincare products; to help us identify and develop new customer services for you.
As a company that is proud to offer a bespoke customer service, we rely on your data to send you the right product and samples each and every time and as such, we will keep your data indefinitely so that we are able to service you and your skincare needs to the best of our ability. If you feel uncomfortable sharing your personal data with us, you may not be able to shop with us online and you will not receive our expert advice, promotional offers or latest product news. This is of course your choice and we are here to help you in any way we can - simply email us at email@example.com.
Your Information and Third Parties
We never, ever sell on your information to any third party whatsoever.
To help us with the running of our website and business, it is essential however that we share your data with carefully selected third parties - such third parties can include...
- payment solutions (please rest assured that we do not hold any financial information about your choice of payment)
- email service providers
- analytical companies
- survey software companies
- social media companies
- marketing agencies
- web hosting companies
- advertising partners
- print companies
- courier services
We may also need to share your data where permitted by law - should we believe we need to do so to protect our rights and interests, or to comply with legal proceedings. In such cases, we will always do so legally and with due regard to privacy.
Links To Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest - for example within our 'What The Press Say' section. Once you have clicked on these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over thatsuch website. We therefore cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Keeping You Up To Date
If you have given consent, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, phone and social media to keep you aware of what we’re up to and keep you updated on our latest news and offers. You can stop receiving such marketing messages from us at any time via one of the following...
- through signing into your online account and deselecting the checkbox
- by calling us on +44 (0)1460 929596
- by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by clicking the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails
We will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages from us. This process may take one or two days for all of our systems to be updated. You therefore may get further marketing messages whilst this process completes. Please note that stopping marketing and promotional communication with us will not stop customer service messages (such as 'Your Order Is On It's Way emails; customer query email replies).
Your Information & Countries Outside of the EU
We may need to transfer your personal data outside of the European Union in order to provide you with the services and products you require. Some of these countries may not have laws that protect privacy rights as extensively as in the European Union. If we do transfer your personal information to other territories, we will take proper steps to ensure that your information is properly protected and ensure that We will only deal with suppliers outside the EU who are GDPR compliant and have policies in place to protect your data.
Storing Your Information
We will store your information securely and safely and for as long as you have account with us; or as long as is needed to be able to provide our services to you; or for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis. If required to meet regulatory or legal requirements, we will keep hold of your information, even if this means it is after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to service you and your account.
Your Rights Relating To Personal Data
- you have the right to access your personal data (to ask us what information we hold about you)
- you have the right to ask for your data to be deleted or corrected
- you have the right to ask us to stop processing your data
- you have the right to stop receiving marketing from us
- the right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
For all of the above, or if you wish to make a complaint, please do contact us at email@example.com; call us on +44 (0)1460 929596; or write to us at Angela Langford Skincare, Marks Barn Cottage, Crewkerne TA18 7TS. If we are unable to resolve the problem for you, you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Legal Basis For Using Your Data
Angela Langford Skincare uses customer personal data because is it necessary for the following...
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (see below)
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our Legitimate Interests
The legal basis for using and processing customer data is that it's necessary for our legitimate interest of our company, including...
- selling goods to our customers
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products
- sending promotional messages which are tailored to each individual customers
- understanding customer preferences, behaviour and needs
- improving existing products and developing new products
- complying with legal and regulatory obligations
- handling customer contacts, queries and complaints
- preventing, investigating and detecting fraud
- fulfilling duties to our customers and colleagues
We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to our website is an excellent one and that your privacy is constantly respected.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018. If you have any enquiries or concerns about our privacy practices please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org; call us on +44 (0)1460 929596; or write to us at Angela Langford Skincare, Marks Barn Cottage, Crewkerne TA18 7TS.